I know I’m thin, but I’m just trying to lose a few pounds from all of the crazy hormones I’ve been on for the last year and get back to my previous self. And, more than anything, just to be able to set a goal and know that I can do this.
Most of all, I just want to be healthier for the obvious reasons, while also trying to increase my chances with our next IVF. I’m taking it a step further by trying to follow a fertility diet, which is basically just eating really healthy, with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains and trying to stay away from preservatives and keep organic. There are some differences though. Like, I can’t eat edamame, my favorite new food, because it could affect estrogen levels.
I’m reading a great book called “The Infertility Cure” that focuses on how to conceive naturally using Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts. I’m learning a lot and hope to put some of it to practice. It certainly can’t hurt.
Here’s some tips of things that have helped me:
- I started recording my food and exercise in a section of my Google calendar. It really helps to see what you’re eating over several days and I feel accountable to my calendar.
- Also, having a cheat day really helps. My trainer friend, Robyn Goodpasture, swears that this ok. =)
- Find healthy foods you actually like. I just discovered quinoa and I love it!
- Find a way to be strong at the grocery store and you won’t have to be so strong at home.
- iPhone running app – it tells me what to do, when to turn back for home, motivates me, etc. Just what I need so I can’t cheat.
What are your favorite getting healthy tips?
Also, if you know me in real life, please ask me how it’s going and help motivate me. The more people I’m accountable to, the better.