I’m starting an infertility support group here in southwest Virginia for those dealing with primary infertility.
I don’t know how I’m going to find the girls who need help and support, but I’m going to try. Even if the information about the group finds them, will they come? I know that this is a very private thing and that people may be scared to come and meet people face to face. I know it will seem scary, but I hope they will come. I find that so many women are isolated on their own little island of fear and shame and I really want to connect them to others who will really understand their struggle.
I know that, for me, finding and connecting with others has been crucial to my well-being in dealing with this life crisis. I can’t imagine doing it alone.
So, please help me out. If you know of anyone who might be interested in attending, please personally invite them by sharing this information with them.
DATE: Second Tuesday of every month (See group page here)
WHERE: South Country Library (6303 Merriman Rd., Roanoke) – Private Room near Mill Mountain Coffee inside library
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
If any of the following statements apply to you or someone you know, you may want to consider attending.
- I’m feeling lonely and isolated.
- I have very few people to talk with about infertility. No one understands.
- Everyone I know is pregnant or has children.
- Infertility is affecting my work and career.
- I feel that my life plan is out of control.
- I’m having trouble navigating through medical treatment options.
- Holidays and coping with family and friends are becoming more difficult.
There’s no agenda. You don’t have to talk. The group is to help you feel less isolated, empower you with knowledge and validate your emotional response to the life crisis of infertility.