Throughout this journey, my perspective keeps changing.
It’s so bizarre how things have changed and my expectations have been lowered time and again. It’s just not something I could have ever imagined.
- First, I wanted to be that girl who got conceived at the drop of a hat.
- Then, I wanted to be the one to get pregnant after trying for 1-2 years on our own.
- Then, I wanted to conceive with IVF.
- Then, I desperately hoped to be one of those lucky few in my situation who finally conceived after years of IVFs and multiple miscarriages.
- Now, I wish we had a surrogate. Or, that we were a “waiting family” for adoption.
My perspective has certainly changed along the way.
In the beginning, we wanted a biological child conceived in a natural way. That scenario couldn’t have possibly changed any more drastically.
Now, we just want a child. Period. We are open to any way to get there. We may not be able to direct the wind…but we are certainly trying to adjust the sails.