Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. So, I thought I would put together a list of places to eat in Roanoke. This is not a comprehensive list, but places I like or want to try. You will not find IHOP here and you also won’t find my absolute favorite, which is my mom’s kitchen!
Breakfast (serving every day)
- The Roanoker – This is an old favorite. They serve up yummy southern-style cooking. My favorites are the biscuits and gravy and country ham.
- Famous Anthony’s – A good, quick, cheap breakfast.
- Mill Mountain – Bagels, pastries, egg sandwiches.
- Mac & Bob’s – Such a great addition to Salem. Try the sweet potato pancakes!
- Our Daily Bread – in Roanoke and Salem. Gourmet and traditional breakfast items and scrumptious pastries.
- Scrambled – A new favorite in downtown Roanoke. Try the Market Executive sandwich.
- Cracker Barrel – You can’t go wrong with Cracker Barrel – they have everything! This is a great pre-football game breakfast, too.
- Panera – Another great everyday spot for breakfast. I love the Asiago Bagel Breakfast Sandwich.
- Local Roots – Delicious, farm-to-table and great atmosphere.
- Rockfish – I love their Sunday brunch! They have many delicious options and have homemade muffins that are to die for and they’re always different – orange & almond, apple, etc. They open at 11:00 and reservations are recommended.
- Hotel Roanoke – Every Sunday from 10 am – 2 pm in the Pine Room Pub. The highlight for me is the omelet station. Try sitting on the new patio.
- Chateau Morrisette – This is a winery and restaurant and a great day-long outing as it’s about one hour from Roanoke. After you eat, you can stay for a wine tasting.
- Metro – Great atmosphere and service.
- River & Rail – A little expensive, but I just love the atmosphere. I liked the yogurt with granola and berries so much. Sounds so simple, but I’ve never had better.